Rachel McDonnell is an Associate Professor at Trinity College Dublin where she is also a member of the Graphics, Vision, and Visualisation Group.
She is a holder of a Career Development Award from Science Foundation Ireland which funds her research on advancing character animation for the games and other interactive applications. She is also a principal investigator in the ADAPT Research Centre. Her research interests include virtual humans, human perception, character animation, and virtual reality.
Research topics that applicants could address include:
- Virtual humans
- Embodied conversational agents
- Socially communicative behavior (e.g., of emotions, personality traits)
- Presence, body ownership, and agency
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Motion Capture and analysis
- Machine learning approaches to agent modeling
- Perception of virtual characters