The ‘time of recruitment’ for Call 2 is defined in the call documents as 31st January 2018, and is the date on which the decision to award the Fellowships will be made. The actual start of each Fellowships will be some time after, once employment offers have been made by the host institutes, eligibility confirmed and working permissions obtained.
- May be of any nationality
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must comply with the Transnational Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Ireland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date: April 3rd 2017 (First Call). Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account
- Must be Experienced Researchers as per the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions definition: at the time of recruitment, applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree or, if the applicant has does not have a doctoral degree, they should have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience (Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would allow them to pursue a PhD)
- Must, in addition, at the time of recruitment, either:
- Have less than 4 years’ additional postdoctoral research experience to be eligible for a Level 1 fellowship
- Have 4 or more years’ additional postdoctoral research experience to be eligible for a Level 2 fellowship
- Have 6 or more years’ additional postdoctoral research experience to be eligible for a Level 3 fellowship
The additional postdoc experience is full time, measured from the date that the PhD was secured through successful defense, or from when the 4 year full time equivalence was obtained.
- Must be complete and in English
- Must be received on or before the call deadline through the online application system
- Only one application per applicant may be submitted per call (resubmissions from unsuccessful applicants from earlier calls are encouraged)
- Proposals must adhere to the ethical standards applicable to the EDGE programme
- Must be within an EDGE research area and identify an EDGE Supervisor
- The selected Supervisor must agree they are willing to supervise the project